1. to preserve and strengthen comradeship among it's members;
2. to assist worthy comrades;
3. to perpetuate the memory and history of our dead, and to assist their widows and orphans;
4. to maintain true allegiance to the Government of the United States, and fidelity to its Constitution and laws;
5. to foster true patriotism;
6. to maintain and extend the institutions of American freedom, and
7. to preserve and defend the United States from all enemies.
As part of the National Veteran's of Foreign Wars the purposes of VFW Post 307 are fraternal, patriotic, historic, charitable, and educational. The following is from Article 1 of the VFW Constitution: