As part of the National Veteran's of Foreign Wars the purposes of VFW Post 307 are fraternal, patriotic, historic, charitable, and educational. The following is from Article 1 of the VFW Constitution:
1. to preserve and strengthen comradeship among it's members;
2. to assist worthy comrades;
3. to perpetuate the memory and history of our dead, and to assist their widows and orphans;
4. to maintain true allegiance to the Government of the United States, and fidelity to its Constitution and laws;
5. to foster true patriotism;
6. to maintain and extend the institutions of American freedom, and
7. to preserve and defend the United States from all enemies.